Exchange 2007

ron

Oct 31, 2006
I am surprised there are no posts about exchange 2007, makes me think I am overlooking something... (or am I the only one upgrading?)

anyways, can anyone post instructions on how the configure proxmox to work with E2k7 (and vice versa)? how do I set Receivers verification, for example?

thanks...

I am surprised there are no posts about exchange 2007, makes me think I am overlooking something... (or am I the only one upgrading?)

anyways, can anyone post instructions on how the configure proxmox to work with E2k7 (and vice versa)? how do I set Receivers verification, for example?

thanks...

Hi Ron,
The principle of the mail flow is always the same. so just see the howtos for exchange 2003 and go to the docu from exchange 2007 to see where to do the settings.

I am already on the way to provide a guide for a basic exchange 2007 setup, but it takes some time.

Hi Tom,

thanks for the reply, exchange 2007 is now fully implemented in our network, as far as recipient filtering concerns - I will wait for the documentation since I don't want to do trial and error on our production environment...

Ron

Hi Tom,

thanks for the reply, exchange 2007 is now fully implemented in our network, as far as recipient filtering concerns - I will wait for the documentation since I don't want to do trial and error on our production environment...

Ron

Hi Ron,

We just published a new DeploymentGuide 1.5, containing the basic HowTo for Exchange 2007 SP1.

See the complete documentation package.

Hello! Can you help me with Ex2007?I setting up it for Proxmox Mail Gateway (v.1.7) as written in Deployment Guide. Also I created Send Connector for my Proxmox gateway. In Exchange it has some authentication parameters. Which can I use for proxmox?[img=http://s51.radikal.ru/i133/0812/68/9ff21147ae70t.jpg][/img]I took a look at the queue viewer and here is what I am seeing: I tried using Basic Authentication.I received this error message in my Exchange message queue: 451 5.7.3 Require basic authentication. Attempted failover to alternate host, but that did no succeed. *********I tried using Basic Authentication over TLS and received this error in my Exchange message queue: 451 5.7.3 Require STARTTLS to do basic authentication." Attempted failover to alternate host, but that did no succeed. ********* If in Ex2007 I choose None authentication on smarthost I receive post message:"a_*****@mail.rumail-gw-01.xxxxx.kz #554 : Relay access denied ##Where mail-gw-01 is my Proxmox gateway. What authentication method need it?

Hello! Can you help me with Ex2007?I setting up it for Proxmox Mail Gateway (v.1.7) as written in Deployment Guide.

Please use V2.2 (V1.7 is toooo old).

********* If in Ex2007 I choose None authentication on smarthost I receive post message:"a_*****@mail.rumail-gw-01.xxxxx.kz #554 : Relay access denied ##Where mail-gw-01 is my Proxmox gateway. What authentication method need it?

You connect to the wrong port - outgoing mails needs to be sent on port 26 (not 25)

- Dietmar

so, for persons who search for configuration of proxmox with Exchange 2007 these are the necessary steps:

1) Go into Exchange Management Console/Organization Configuration/Hub transport/New Send connector and here create a new connector called PROXMOX (or what name you want)
2) Open Exchange Management Shell and obtain the available connectors list: Get-SendConnector
Here need to be listed also our new connector PROXMOX
3) We need to change port TCP 25 to TCP 26 used by proxmox:
Set-SendConnector Proxmox -Port 26
Now, a message that confirm us that the changes are made to PROXMOX connector appear on screen
4) we force service to restart: Start-EdgeSynchronization

Now, disable the Standard connector and leave active only Proxmox connector.

For many of you this is the key point; we need to allow "authentification"

For this we need to go in Exchange Management Console/Server Configuration/Hub Transport/Default "SERVERNAME" and enter in Proprieties. Now go on the last tab "Permission Group" and check Anonymous Users

And that's it!

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!