Except some vm in backup

Dzung

Feb 20, 2019
Hello!
I used backup build in proxmox ve, I create schedule backup by host except some vm, but sometime my vm move between host in cluster, so it can not except in backup in new host, anyone have solution to except vm for all host

Hello!
I used backup build in proxmox ve, I create schedule backup by host except some vm, but sometime my vm move between host in cluster, so it can not except in backup in new host, anyone have solution to except vm for all host
Hi,
in the 'Datacenter' -> 'Backup' tab if you select the backup job and click the 'Edit' button, you can select the nodes for which the backup job applies. If you leave this empty, then the job should apply to all nodes in the cluster. This should also be true for exclusion of VMs from the job.

Hi,
in the 'Datacenter' -> 'Backup' tab if you select the backup job and click the 'Edit' button, you can select the nodes for which the backup job applies. If you leave this empty, then the job should apply to all nodes in the cluster. This should also be true for exclusion of VMs from the job.
I know, But I want to create backup by host, because I have many vm, if I backup all it will slow, I want to backup by host different dates

I know, But I want to create backup by host, because I have many vm, if I backup all it will slow, I want to backup by host different dates
Okay, I get what you want to achieve. But would it not make more sense to create backup pools for your VMs and schedule the backup jobs on a per pool basis instead of a per host basis.
The VMs backup jobs will be anyways executed one after the other and if increased load is the issue, than rate limiting might be a solution.

Okay, I get what you want to achieve. But would it not make more sense to create backup pools for your VMs and schedule the backup jobs on a per pool basis instead of a per host basis.
The VMs backup jobs will be anyways executed one after the other and if increased load is the issue, than rate limiting might be a solution.
Thank you Che

Thank you, I was edit cron /etc/cron.d/vzdump for except ID I need

Reactions: che

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!