EVPN with different node subnets

giovannipetro

Jul 5, 2024
Hi,
I've configured EVPN with Vxlan on three nodes (two in same subnets one in another). The two on same subnet working perfectly, the other on different subnet not create a BGP peer (stay in ACTIVE and never goes up).
Proxmox version is 8.2.4.
It is possible that EVPN work only in the same L2 domain and cannot working between different subnets?
Thanks

Do you have a firewall between your nodes ? It should works without any problem, the 3 nodes just need to communicate between them with bgp port open (tcp/179) && vxlan port open (udp/4789)
It seems like FRR not learning the route correctly to reach the other node in different subnet. If I add a route on the proxmox node manually to point to the other node, FRR learn it and working but if I don't add the route the BGP not initiate the peer. But the proxmox and frr reach the other node without any route but its work only if i add the static manually. Maybe its a bug of the release.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!