[SOLVED] Eth Port deactivated since last boot. No access to proxmox

user332255

Sep 5, 2021
Hi,
today i couldn’t get into my proxmox server.
I just added a new nvme to my system, but now there is no eth connection anymore. Before proxmox boot, the ethernet port leds flash, but then they go out.
I have the deskmini x300 with
Athlon 200ge
2x sata ssd
New: 1xnvme, above the wifi slot.

all drives are recognized in the bios.

I ran systemctl status networking and one output was

Code:
networking[947]: error: vmbr0: bridge port enp1s0 does not exist

Attachments

• IMG_0845_1.jpg
    IMG_0845_1.jpg
    726 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
Reactions: nes3Ah
today i couldn’t get into my proxmox server.
I just added a new nvme to my system, but now there is no eth connection anymore.
this can happen - you add a new pci-e device, which means that for certain mainboards the pci-addresses of the other devices shift around.
This in turn renames the NIC in systemd's "predictable" network interface naming scheme - https://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/systemd/PredictableNetworkInterfaceNames/

from the screenshot and the logs you posted I guess that `enp1s0` got renamed to `enp2s0`

-> edit /etc/network/interfaces and replace enp1s0 with enp2s0 and reboot

I hope this helps!

Reactions: nes3Ah
I just registered
this can happen - you add a new pci-e device, which means that for certain mainboards the pci-addresses of the other devices shift around.
This in turn renames the NIC in systemd's "predictable" network interface naming scheme - https://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/systemd/PredictableNetworkInterfaceNames/

from the screenshot and the logs you posted I guess that `enp1s0` got renamed to `enp2s0`

-> edit /etc/network/interfaces and replace enp1s0 with enp2s0 and reboot

I hope this helps!
I just registered to say thanks! This one worked for me, after installing an PCIe M.2.

Reactions: Stoiko Ivanov

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!