/etc/lxc/default.conf not included on LXC create

eb8

Jun 10, 2019
hi,
I tried to set some default entries (cgroup for tun/tap and mount) in /etc/lxc/default.conf, /etc/lxc/lxc.conf and ~/.config/lxc/lxc.conf, but non of this get's included on LXC create, for both, priv. and nonpriv. types

cat /etc/lxc/default.conf
conf:lxc.cgroup.devices.allow = c 10:200 rwm
lxc.cgroup.devices.allow = c 10:200 rwm
lxc.mount.entry = /dev/net/tun dev/net/tun none bind,create=file

all files have the same lines.
I also commented the first line, cause it was only a try.

PVE: 5.4-1 (latest)

any hints?

TIA
guenter

thanks for the answer.
I found tons of hints, to put my adds into /etc/lxc/default.conf – all wrong!
@oguz, why are so often reoccurring topics not part of the how-to section?
i.e. tun/tap on non-/privileged container, LXC-defaults, VM-name in the backups, etc?
it's very tedious to read hundreds of threads with wrong/outdated info.

@oguz, why are so often reoccurring topics not part of the how-to section?
i.e. tun/tap on non-/privileged container, LXC-defaults, VM-name in the backups, etc?
it's very tedious to read hundreds of threads with wrong/outdated info.

it really is tedious, i've been keeping personal notes for some tidbits of informations that i always look up. i'll take a look at getting those into the wiki.

what else would you like to see?

@oguz, sorry for late reply, been very busy…

* docker/containerd in LXC
* nested virt. I have found a link to the wiki in the forum, but no link in the How-To section.
* what else is documented but hidden?

I might add to this in time…, or, if you prefer, you could open a new topic and ask the community what they want to see there and to provide their how-tos & most wanted personal notes.

are there any ansible roles/playbooks supported by proxmox? if not & you plan to do, the really helpful debops.org would be a good starting point/integration framework.

I might add to this in time…, or, if you prefer, you could open a new topic and ask the community what they want to see there and to provide their how-tos & most wanted personal notes.

i'd still be cautious about adding unrelated stuff to our documentation... we want to document our software in the end and not have thousand how-to guides for unrelated stuff like joomla or whatever (just saying this because this is what happened in the past on our wiki, it still needs to be cleaned up of old stuff)

i'll see what i can do

I understand, but I meant only PVE-related stuff, not what's running in the VMs/LXCs, except things like docker/VPN, which need special configuration.
but I think you got my intention.

thanks in advance

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!