ESXi Migration VM with spaces in name (folder and filename)

Mar 11, 2024
Hello.

I'm trying to migrate some VMs from ESXi to Proxmox 8.2.2

Everything works like a charme, but if I have a ESXi VM with spaces in name (so also spaces in files and folder) I get an error and migration does not start.

How can I solve ?

PS: Raname VM and migrate to a different storage is not applicable since I've no enought space do do that !!!)

Last edited:
Hello.

I'm trying to migrate some VMs from ESXi to Proxmox 8.2.2

Everything works like a charme, but if I have a ESXi VM with spaces in name (so also spaces in files and folder) I get an error and migration does not start.

How can I solve ?

PS: Raname VM and migrate to a different storage is not applicable since I've no enought space do do that !!!)
Apparently they have a fix comming but it is not yet released. I also don't get why since the fix was checked in over 2 weeks ago.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!