Errors during shutdown and reboot

greg91

Jan 25, 2020
Hello, each time I reboot my new server, I get these messages:
Code:
watchdog: watchdog0: watchdog did not stop!
systemd-shutdown[1]: Failed to finalize  DM devices, ignoring
They disappear very quickly. I'm running Proxmox 7.1 and I just did a clean install with LVM on a Samsung 970 evo plus.
I looked everywhere and while this seems to be a known problem, nobody has any answer. Does anybody know what it means, and how to fix it? Thanks a lot!

Reactions: samuele
Hello, each time I reboot my new server, I get these messages:
Code:
watchdog: watchdog0: watchdog did not stop!
systemd-shutdown[1]: Failed to finalize  DM devices, ignoring
They disappear very quickly. I'm running Proxmox 7.1 and I just did a clean install with LVM on a Samsung 970 evo plus.
I looked everywhere and while this seems to be a known problem, nobody has any answer. Does anybody know what it means, and how to fix it? Thanks a lot!
I solved the problem by updating the pve-manager to version 7.1-7 (Test repository)

How did you do it exactly, I guess with activating the repository and update all packages (Testing) or just the pve-manager?
Yes, i have updated all packages using no-subscription repository, restarted the host and enabled the test repository.
There were a few updates including the pve-manager.
I think it is enough to update the pve-manager because In the last changelog shutdown fix was mentioned

Reactions: fpausp

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!