error with cfs lock on zfs filesystem because of timout

andy77

Jul 6, 2016
Hi @all,

I am facing actually a problem where I am not able to create a iscis-zfs disk because the "cfs lock" gets an timeout. The problem that "zfs list" takes very long on my iscis server, because it has a lot of writes.

Is it possible somehow to higher this wait-time so that we get no timeout?

Thank's for any help

Regards
Andy

Hi,
Is it possible somehow to higher this wait-time so that we get no timeout?
No, this timeout is hardcoded and can't be changed easily.

Hi, any other chance then to create a volume when the pool is bussy? It is somehow just the "zfs list" command with the specific parameters that is taking very long, so that the timeout of the create command is caused. As I understand this "zfs list" command is only there to check if a volume with the same name allready exists. Now if I know that it does not exist, can I somehow skip this step?

You could use
"pvesm alloc" this is a sycron task and should have no timeout.
After the disk is allocated you must run qm rescan and then you have the disk as an unused disk in the VM config.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!