error when performing save

nebur74

Aug 31, 2022
BT: In one of my Proxmox versions 7.4-3, when saving one of the containers, it gives me the following error....

1686166874843.png

Any ideas..Greetings

Anything in the logs/journal around that time? IIRC, I've seen this when some disk went south, resulting in IO errors when the backup tried to read everything.

Hi, I've already checked there and nothing of interest, I still can't save and it worries me a lot. I even tried to migrate it (cluster) and it also gave me an error and I could not migrate it.

Greetings

Hi,
Hi, I've already checked there and nothing of interest, I still can't save and it worries me a lot. I even tried to migrate it (cluster) and it also gave me an error and I could not migrate it.

Greetings
what was that error? Do you also get an error when you try copying the disk with qemu-img convert while the VM is down? If yes, I'd suggest to use the --salvage option when copying to skip the bad parts and copy to a storage backed by a different physical disk.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!