Error: parameter verification errors parameter 'repository': value does not match the regex pattern

proxmoxrks

Apr 14, 2020
I am using
Virtual Environment 6.2-4

I am trying to setup a remote Proxmox Backup Server. I am getting this error:

Code:
Error: parameter verification errors
parameter 'repository': value does not match the regex pattern

What should I do differently? How do I debug?
Thanks.

Code:
# pvesm add pbs store1 --server REMOTE_IP --datastore 1st --username USERNAME --password PASSWORD --fingerprint FINGERPRINT

# pvesm status --storage store1
Usage: proxmox-backup-client [OPTIONS]
Optional parameters:
--output-format <string>
             Output format.
--repository <string>
             Repository URL.
proxmox-backup-client failed: exit code 255
Name          Type     Status           Total            Used       Available        %
store1         pbs   inactive               0               0               0    0.00%

Last edited:
I think I got it.

Use
root@pam

pvesm add pbs store1 --server REMOTE_IP --datastore 1st --username
root@pam --password PASSWORD --fingerprint FINGERPRINT

Last edited:
Same, same error..

client version: 1.0.1
pve-manager/6.2-4/9824574a (running kernel: 5.4.41-1-pve)

pvesm add pbs bu1 --server IP --datastore /datastore/zfs-pool --fingerprint 01:...36 --username root@pam --password xxx

Code:
# pvesm status --storage bu1
Usage: proxmox-backup-client [OPTIONS]
Optional parameters:
 --output-format <string>
             Output format.
 --repository <string>
             Repository URL.
proxmox-backup-client failed: exit code 255
Name       Type     Status           Total            Used       Available        %
bu1         pbs   inactive               0               0               0    0.00%

pvesm add pbs bu1 --server IP --datastore /datastore/zfs-pool --fingerprint 01:...36 --username root@pam --password xxx
you have to set the name of the datastore not the path

just try to wait a bit, maybe the status call takes a while?

otherwise: is your pbs reachable? whats the speed to it? anything in syslog from either side?

just try to wait a bit, maybe the status call takes a while?

otherwise: is your pbs reachable? whats the speed to it? anything in syslog from either side?
Yes, i did not wait enough.. Connection timed out. But ping and telnet to server 8007 port succeed from CLI.

Bash:
~# time pvesm status --storage bu1

proxmox-backup-client failed: Error: error trying to connect: the handshake failed: Connection timed out (os error 110)
Name       Type     Status           Total            Used       Available        %
bu1         pbs   inactive               0               0               0    0.00%

real    15m41.472s
user    0m0.996s
sys     0m0.372s

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!