Error on networking...

S

sebastien133

Greetings,

I installed 3 others appliances before and they are ok. I don't change method...

I can't connect to Internet from appliance but I can connect to Proxmox server and Proxmox server can connect to Internet. I think it can be a network configuration error but I don't find it and it works fine for others appliances on the same server.

/etc/network/interfaces seems to be ok, network on Proxmox too.

Is someone have an idea ? I don't know how to solve this problem...

Code:
[COLOR=#000000][FONT=Times New Roman][FONT=tahoma]starting init logger
 INIT: version 2.88 booting 
stty: standard input: Invalid argument
Using makefile-style concurrent boot in runlevel S.
udev requires hotplug support, not started. ... failed!
 failed!
Setting parameters of disc: (none).[/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR]

What is this udev error ? Is it the beginning of a soluce ?

You were a very good guy if you could help me...

Regards,

Sebastien133.

Greetings,

I installed 3 others appliances before and they are ok. I don't change method...

Is someone have an idea ? I don't know how to solve this problem...

Hi,
without input we can't solve the problem too.
You can post the /etc/network/interfaces file of the host (and the vm if also an debian-based system) and the VMID.conf.

Some things: work the name resolving inside the VM (dns)? How look the route? Does an traceroute work (ip/name)?

All these things can you control with tcpdump on the host.

Udo

No, name resolving don't work, traceroute don't work too (works only to the host). I'am installing TCPDUMP and debian's updates on host.

/etc/network/interfaces on VM :
Code:
auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

auto eth0 iface eth0 inet static     address ip-failover     netmask 255.255.255.255     broadcast ip-failover     post-up route add ip-host dev eth0     post-up route add default gw ip-host     post-down route del ip-host dev eth0     post-down route del default gw ip-host

iface eth1 inet dhcp

/etc/network/interfaces on host :
Code:
auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

iface eth0 inet manual

iface eth1 inet manual

auto vmbr0
iface vmbr0 inet static
        address  ip_host
        netmask  255.255.0.0
        gateway  ip_gateway
        broadcast  xx.xx.xx.255
        bridge_ports eth0
        bridge_stp off
        bridge_fd 0

I don't know where I can found VMID.conf... What sort of tcpdump request can I do to help in resolution ?

Thanks for your help...

Regards,

Sebastien.

Hi,
without input we can't solve the problem too.
You can post the /etc/network/interfaces file of the host (and the vm if also an debian-based system) and the VMID.conf.

Some things: work the name resolving inside the VM (dns)? How look the route? Does an traceroute work (ip/name)?

All these things can you control with tcpdump on the host.

Udo

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!