error listing snapshots - 400 Bad Request (500)

Dinux

May 18, 2022
Good evening,

I have a problem integrating my PBS into PVE. I can successfully add the backup server and see how much storage is being used, but when I try to access the backups, I receive the error mentioned above.

Both PBS and PVE are freshly installed and running the latest versions, PBS (2.4-1) and PVE (7.4-3).

I have tried adding PBS multiple times, using different data stores, but the same error message always appears.

Has anyone else encountered this error or know what to do?

Thank you in advance!

Last edited:
can you post the pve storage config and the pbs datastore config? also did you check the users permissions?

I have the same issue "400 - error listing snapshots". The problem occurs when I want to mount a resource to the PVE host from a virtual PBS machine that is running on that host. I would like to have the ability to restore backups.

pve-manager/7.4-3/9002ab8a
proxmox-backup-server: 2.3.1-1 (running version: 2.3.1)

I just want to add that the exact same resource, with the same permissions, is added to another PVE host, and there it mounts correctly and the copies are also displayed correctly, but on this host, there is PVE in version:
pve-manager/6.4-13/9f411e79

And now the question is whether this is a problem with mounting the PBS from a virtual machine to the same host where the PBS is located, or if there is actually something wrong, and it works fine with PVE version 6.4, but not with version 7.4-3

Last edited:
please also answer the questions i posted:

can you post the pve storage config and the pbs datastore config? also did you check the users permissions?

The permissions are "rather" fine because the resource is mounted with the same permissions for both PVE 6.4 and PVE 7.4. It works fine on 6.4, but there is a 400 error on 7.4.

Selection_999(238).png

Attachments

• pve-ovh-pbs-problem.txt
    707 bytes · Views: 18
  • pve1-sup-pbs-ok.txt
    881 bytes · Views: 14
Alright, everything is working fine... I've been using namespaces recently, and I simply forgot to add the namespace in PBS before adding the PBS resource to the PVE host. After creating the namespace "pve-ovh," everything started working.

I only noticed this when I was preparing the storage.cfg files.

Reactions: dcsapak

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!