Error installing Windows Qemu agent

Hello,
I have the same problem on Windows 7 and 10 64bits VM.
I can't install windows multi-language pack on.
What is the solution?

Hello,
I have the same problem on Windows 7 and 10 64bits VM.
I can't install windows multi-language pack on.
What is the solution?

Installing the english language pack on my french installation leads to the same error.
For me the solution was to install the OS in english/us version then adding the language pack (from Windows Language Options : add language).

Installing the english language pack on my french installation leads to the same error.
For me the solution was to install the OS in english/us version then adding the language pack (from Windows Language Options : add language).

Thanks for your reply.
For a fresh install ok but i have some P2V VM that i cannot reinstall. Is there a way for developpers of the guest agent to support multi-language?

On your french VM, you might try a build i just made on a fc25 box from the master git branch of qemu github repo.

Unfortunately, i can't post the link in this thread and the file size (2.8M) is too much for the forum.

What i get :

qemu-ga -s uninstall
qemu-ga -s install

Tested on win10 & 2012R2 x64 FR :
# virsh qemu-agent-command ${VMNAME} '{"execute":"guest-fsfreeze-status"}'
{"return":"thawed"}
# virsh qemu-agent-command ${VMNAME} '{"execute":"guest-fsfreeze-freeze"}'
{"return":2}
{"return":"frozen"}

How might i share this build ?

On your french VM, you might try a build i just made on a fc25 box from the master git branch of qemu github repo.

Unfortunately, i can't post the link in this thread and the file size (2.8M) is too much for the forum.

What i get :

qemu-ga -s uninstall
qemu-ga -s install

Tested on win10 & 2012R2 x64 FR :
{"return":"thawed"}
# virsh qemu-agent-command ${VMNAME} '{"execute":"guest-fsfreeze-freeze"}'
{"return":2}
{"return":"frozen"}

How might i share this build ?

---
Hello

did you find a way to make your file available ?

regards,

Hello

i ve got the same issue with french windows...

hopes to find a solution one day ?

i m bored keeping selling and installing vmware products and their ugly and slow vmware center
i really want to deploy proxmox to final customer.

Vincent

Last edited:
I finally got the guest agent installed. I did all of these things; I don't know if all of them were required:

Proxmox: 5.4.13
virtio-win.iso: 1.173-7 (downloaded from latest-virtio)
Guest: Windows 7 Professional SP 1 (Version 6.1.7601) 32-bit; not joined to any domain
Virtio Serial Drivers: Installed long ago during another attempt to get the guest agent working.
Guest Agent Installer: <virtio-win.iso>\guest-agent\qemu-ga-i386.msi

- Run through device manager (devmgmt.msc) on the guest and attempt to update the drivers for everything from the virtio-win drivers disk
- attempt install (fails)
- run the ".mof" cleanup as described by slick
- reboot
- start the 'volume shadow copy service'
- disable Qemu Agent for the guest in 'Options' in Proxmox
- reboot
- uninstall Comodo endpoint security
- reboot
- Run 'services.exe' in the guest VM, start 'Volume Shadow Copy Service', and set startup to 'Automatic'
- Install qemu-ga-i386.msi (SUCCESS)
- shut down the guest
- enable 'Guest Agent' in Proxmox Options for the guest
- start the guest
- Guest agent is recognized

I finally got the guest agent installed. I did all of these things; I don't know if all of them were required:

Proxmox: 5.4.13
virtio-win.iso: 1.173-7 (downloaded from latest-virtio)
Guest: Windows 7 Professional SP 1 (Version 6.1.7601) 32-bit; not joined to any domain
Virtio Serial Drivers: Installed long ago during another attempt to get the guest agent working.
Guest Agent Installer: <virtio-win.iso>\guest-agent\qemu-ga-i386.msi

- Run through device manager (devmgmt.msc) on the guest and attempt to update the drivers for everything from the virtio-win drivers disk
- run the ".mof" cleanup as described by slick
- reboot
- start the 'volume shadow copy service'
- disable Qemu Agent for the guest in 'Options' in Proxmox
- reboot
- uninstall Comodo endpoint security
- reboot
- Run 'services.exe' in the guest VM, start 'Volume Shadow Copy Service', and set startup to 'Automatic'
- Install qemu-ga-i386.msi (SUCCESS)
- shut down the guest
- enable 'Guest Agent' in Proxmox Options for the guest
- start the guest
- Guest agent is recognized
Installation of guest-agent will fail on i386 in amd64 guest
It would appear that you forgot to enable 64bit and your guest is running in 32bit mode

If anyone else is having an issue I logged a ticket at qemu as I have resolved a similar issue https://github.com/virtio-win/kvm-guest-drivers-windows/issues/544

Hi,

You can try MSI Cleanup Utility available here : http://www.labo-microsoft.org/d/d/?id=13200
I'm still unable to install the Qemu Agent in my VMs , grrrrrr ....

Regards,
MSI Cleanup Utility https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...-removed-cca7d1b6-65a9-3d98-426b-e9f927e1eb4d
solves installation error of whole VirtIO driver suite (virtio-win-guest-tools.exe and virtio-win-gt-x64.msi) Applied execute package: virtio_win_gt_x64.msi, result: 0x80070643, restart: none.
Thanks a lot!

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!