Error in proxmox, suddenly I can't enter the web interface, but the VPS seems to still work correctly.

corianito

Jul 20, 2019
Hello!

I just had a "dumb" problem.

I was doing some tests to measure the speed of the disk and suddenly I can't access the web interface, but it seems that all the servers are still working.

I get these errors:

Code:
root@prox3:~# dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/md2 bs=64k count=16k conv=fdatasync

Broadcast message from systemd-journald@prox3 (Wed 2020-08-19 14:55:09 CEST):

systemd[1]: Caught <BUS>, core dump failed (child 28493, code=killed, status=7/BUS).

Broadcast message from systemd-journald@prox3 (Wed 2020-08-19 14:55:09 CEST):

systemd[1]: Freezing execution.

16384+0 registros leídos
16384+0 registros escritos
1073741824 bytes (1,1 GB, 1,0 GiB) copied, 3,34004 s, 321 MB/s
root@prox3:~# systemctl restart pvedaemon
Error del bus
root@prox3:~# systemctl restart pve-cluster
Error del bus
root@prox3:~# service pvestatd restart
/usr/sbin/service: line 217: 10991 Error del bus           systemctl --quiet is-active multi-user.target
Error del bus
root@prox3:~# service restart pvedaemon
/usr/sbin/service: line 217: 14804 Error del bus           systemctl --quiet is-active multi-user.target
restart: unrecognized service
root@prox3:~# service restart pvestatd
/usr/sbin/service: line 217: 16502 Error del bus           systemctl --quiet is-active multi-user.target
restart: unrecognized service
root@prox3:~#

How can I fix it?

Greetings!

Um yeah you succesfully wiped the first 1gb of your drive, which is enough to break the whole system...

How does it come its md2 ? mdraid isnt supported by proxmox afaik. Nevertheless if this was your rpool as it seems you are screwed.

Reinstall proxmox and restore from backup, there is not much else you can do.

Yes, I've realized I have a serious problem.

I saw that the VPS is on the road:

/var/lib/vz

I've already lost access to the server. By moving those files, can I recover the servers in a new proxmox installation?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!