error fetching datastore: No route to host

uzair

Apr 30, 2024
Hello,

I am new to the proxmox ve setup and facing an issue with the connection of the proxmox backup server datastore with one of my nodes. I have 3 nodes out of which 1 node is working fine and I am able to backup vms on the proxmox backup server but not on the other two. Below is an error which I am encountering. Your timely support will be highly appreciated. Thanks.

error fetching datastores - 500 Can't connect to [fd00:dc:ce:192:168:90::15]:8007 (No route to host) (500)

Your LAN is IPv6 only? Or are you mixing IPv4 and IPv6? Even in 2024 I still have problems with mixing this; and "IPv4 only" is just more handy at home.

Search for "linux debian disable ipv6 permanently", there are settings in /etc/sysctl.d to be created if you want this.

And make sure the name resolution is consistent and identical on all devices.

Yes we are mixing both, so should i change the settings to ipv4 only for the 2 nodes that aren't working?

Also, just to clear that this issue I'm facing is in my office production network and not in a lab environment or home setup. The suggested ipv6 disabling settings would make it work ? Thank you for your response.

Yes we are mixing both, so should i change the settings to ipv4 only for the 2 nodes that aren't working?
Also, just to clear that this issue I'm facing is in my office production network and not in a lab environment or home setup. The suggested ipv6 disabling settings would make it work ? Thank you for your response.
No! If you are actually using IPv6 you should not disable it ;-)

My answer was based on the assumption that most people just use IPv4 in a homelab, which is just easier in regard to some (not all) aspects.

I am only using IPv4 for this reason - and so I can not really help with IPv6, sorry.

Thank you for your time. Really appreciate it.

Hopefully if some expert from the community could help then it will be great.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!