Error 500

Kevin José

Apr 16, 2024
Hello everything is fine?I have the following scenario, I have a proxmox, and it has two nodes, 2, and 0...However, when I perform actions on node 0, it presents the following error: hostname lookup 'node0' failed - failed to get address info for: node0: Temporary failure in name resolution (500)

1716558869189.png
How can I proceed?

Tnanks in advanced!

What are the contents of your /etc/hosts file on node0?

From the command line: cat /etc/hosts
From the web GUI Datacenter > node0 > System > Hosts

In your /etc/hosts file, there is an inconsistency.

192.168.102.2 node0.localdomain node2

This should be:

192.168.102.2 node2.localdomain node2

Did you rename your nodes at some point?

You will also want to check your /etc/hosts on node0. It should be something like:

192.168.102.X node0.localdomain node0

Of course, replace the X in the IP address with the actual value.

Except for the inconsistency reported by weehooey, I see another one: Your node2 is in fact named Node2 (as is evident in both GUI & the command prompt), I believe therefore you should edit /etc/hosts correctly in a case-sensitive manner. (DNS may or may not be case-sensitive - rather a complicated story - but for consistency & safety I would do as I have suggested). From this inconsistency alone - it is clear you have somehow tampered with the hostname or this file - as Proxmox natively will fill out the /etc/hosts in a case-sensitive fashion.

I understood, I adjusted node2 here.
However, to adjust node0, is there any way I can access it?
Because I don't have access through Shell.
Is there any way to go to Node0 via SSH?

Thank you very much in advance!

Is there any way to go to Node0 via SSH?
You should be able to access Node0 via SSH through Node0's IP address. Find its IP address from the router/switch & then in a Windows terminal (if you are using Windows, or other terminal if a different OS) enter:
ssh root@xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx replacing the x's with the actual IP address of node0

Reactions: weehooey-bh
s there any other way to identify the IP?
Because the previous equipment, which should be the gateway, does not have any IP other than the IPs that are used in VMs.
If you can help me, I would appreciate it!

So once connected to node0 (or Node0?) - provide output for:

Code:
cat /etc/network/interfaces

cat /etc/hosts

ip a

Post the output here (in between CODE tags if possible - although if its not NW connected this may be difficult/impossible).

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!