Error 0 occurred while receiving the document 2024

Jun 29, 2024
Many users, myself included, have encountered this error. On this platform, most responses suggest it's related to space availability, but in my case, space wasn't the issue. Today, after three months, I attempted to access my Proxmox server from a completely different network and computer. Surprisingly, I was able to successfully upload an ISO file from a URL link. Previously, attempts to upload the ISO file via URL resulted in a "400 error," indicating a network issue within my network. I suspect it could be related to VLAN or firewall configurations, as my network is quite complex and segmented with VLANs. The Windows 11 host I used might also have stringent security settings that could be blocking the upload of ISO files to Proxmox via URL links.

In any case, I wanted to highlight that (internal)network configuration issues can be also a potential cause of this error.
I hope I have contributed with this little note to this amazing community...

Does that mean Proxmox was running in a VM on the Windows 11 box, or something else? :)

As a curiosity question, when you upload ISO images do you remember if tell Proxmox the sha checksum for verifying the image with as well?
No! Proxmox is running on a dedicated machine (hardware, bearmetal)only to run proxmox. In my the same network I have multiple vlans configured. In one of those Vlans I ve got Proxmox and in a totally different vlan (network) the windows 11 machine. When trying to connect to proxmox I can do it either via SSH or from webbrowser...Both methodes did not work to upload the iso images from the windows 11 machine. In sted from another network (outside my homelab network) I tried with another machine also with windows 11 and connected to proxmox via webbrowser. That did work regarding uploading iso images..I dont remember telling proxmox to use "sha checksum" why? Is that a requirement for uploading iso images?

Last edited:
I dont remember telling proxmox to use "sha checksum" why? Is that a requirement for uploading iso images?
Nah, it's not a required thing. It's just something optional that can be done, it's the "Hash algorithm" field.

Asking because from rough memory I think that I've seen different behaviour in uploads before when providing the checksum for it to double check with, vs not providing the checksum. It's been so long though that I don't remember the details.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!