ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED tryng to access to an IP hosted on a VM

raid

Jul 25, 2010
Italy
Scenario:
Proxmox 3.4 with 4 VM on OVH,
I migrated 3 VM from an old server to a new one with no problem,
Today I migrated the last one, The migrationwith vzrestore, was succesfully terminated,
I moved the IP failover on the new machine (1 IP + 1 block 8ip)
I can access via Plesk to the server (plesk has a dedicated IP address) and all looks fine
I cannot access to any hosted web site via web
I get ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED
From klouth.net I get
Query to be sent:
HTTP request header:
HEAD / HTTP/1.1
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; http://www.kloth.net/services/srvinfo.php)
Host: IP ADDRESS X
Accept: */*
Connection: Close
This does not work, sorry. Connection timed out (110)
HTTP response header from IP ADDRESSX :
Connection timed out (110)

Any Tips?

Since you speak of a new block and IP:
- check that OVH allows migration of that block to new host and that it dose not require manual intervention from them
- you can try on the pve host to setup an Ip from that block and ping it (asuming firewall allows ping)
-> If this dose not work - back to routing and OVH
-> If this works
- make sure VM is on the same bridge
- run a tcpdump from the VM
- ping from host to VM

Since you speak of a new block and IP:
- check that OVH allows migration of that block to new host and that it dose not require manual intervention from them
- you can try on the pve host to setup an Ip from that block and ping it (asuming firewall allows ping)
-> If this dose not work - back to routing and OVH
-> If this works
- make sure VM is on the same bridge
- run a tcpdump from the VM
- ping from host to VM

Yes, they are on the same bridge, they ping succesfully from host to VM and viceversa, tracert shows that IP is on the correct machine.

I noticed that the only difference with the other running VM is in Plesk, on the other 2 VMs I cannot add IP directly from Plesk(10.5 and 11), I have to add it from proxmox panel and later I can use the read ip from Plesk, in the VM104 instead I'm able to add manually an IP on Plesk12.

Any other tip?

I need to better understand your setup in regard to IP and subnets.

by best educated guess.

PVE-HOST: has one ip public IP

For the Guests you have either a few directly connected IP address or a subnet routed to the PVE-host... what is your case ?

But since HOST-VM network is working.. best guess is either firewall on PVE-host or OVH routing.

Also I cannot speak for Plesk cfg.

The strangest is that I did a vzrestore from NAS to migrate a well running VM from an old proxmox 3.3 to a new proxmox 3.4 (same machine, bigger HD), using the same procedure used with the other 3 VM.
Steps:
1) vzrestore
2) stop old VM
3) start new VM
4) rotate IPFAILOVER on new machine

SCENARIO: Host Server has own IP address, and uses the proxmox default network model (vmbr0 - linux bridge - eth0 - SERVERIP - 255.255.255.0 - GATEWAY .254, all as requested by OVH)
Each single VM has a single dedicated IP Failover and 1 dedicated block of 8 IPs failover, the single IP is used by Plesk Panel, all others by the plesk subscriptions (websites)
On VM 104 the firewall, fail2ban, denyhost are all stopped, the host Server has no firewall, the other VMs use the plesk firewall.

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!