[SOLVED] Enabling Quotas on Existing Containers (LXC)

Mario Aldayuz

Feb 9, 2016
Greensboro, NC
Hello,

I ran into a situation recently while running LXC containers the "Enable Quota" wasn't enough to properly enable quotas on my existing containers. To solve this I did the following:

• Stopped or Shutdown running container
  • Resources > Select Storage > Edit
  • Enable Quota: Check
  • Start container
  • Console:
  • quotacheck -cvgua -m
Done! This should fix quota issues on existing containers. I am running CentOS6 LXC containers with cPanel utilizing local storage (quoats aren't properly supported on LVM via iSCSI ZFS) - critical for quotas to be enabled.

Hope this helps!

Hi Mario,
I followed your instructions. I am having issues with Cpanel. I run Initial Quota Setup and still I get a message 'No quotas are enabled on this system.' Any tips?

Hello,

I ran into a situation recently while running LXC containers the "Enable Quota" wasn't enough to properly enable quotas on my existing containers. To solve this I did the following:

• Start container
  • Console:
  • quotacheck -cvgua -m
Done! This should fix quota issues on existing containers. I am running CentOS6 LXC containers with cPanel utilizing local storage (quoats aren't properly supported on LVM via iSCSI ZFS) - critical for quotas to be enabled.

Hope this helps!
hy tq for help, now i can fix quota on my cpanel

Hello,

• Start container
  • Console:
  • quotacheck -cvgua -m

Hope this helps!
last command returns:
quotacheck: Cannot find filesystem to check or filesystem not mounted with quota option.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!