Enable framebuffer inside LXC container?

fips

Renowned Member
May 5, 2014
Hi,

I need for my remote control (screenconnect) access to my lxc container.
Screenconnect supports debian 9 via agent.

Sadly, screenconnect doesn't bring up a picture because I need to enable framebuffer inside LXC.
How can I achieve this without installing a desktop environment?

Without knowing what screenconnect is technically based on, I think you can't. Run it inside of KVM, LXC is too restricted with respect to framebuffer and x-window-system.

If you really need it and if it can run with X, just install x2go, vnc or do x forwarding, maybe this helps, but needs a more-or-less complete x environment but can be very slim with e.g. blackbox.

Hi,

I need for my remote control (screenconnect) access to my lxc container.
Screenconnect supports debian 9 via agent.

Sadly, screenconnect doesn't bring up a picture because I need to enable framebuffer inside LXC.
How can I achieve this without installing a desktop environment?

Hi there, I work for ConnectWise. You should be able to enable frame buffer in LXC and connect using Connectwise Control. You will be able to interact with console. Please feel free to DM if you have any other questions.

Hi there, I work for ConnectWise. You should be able to enable frame buffer in LXC and connect using Connectwise Control. You will be able to interact with console. Please feel free to DM if you have any other questions.
Hi,
Know how to get it working?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!