Email to mutiple servers

dthompson

Nov 23, 2011
Canada
www.digitaltransitions.ca
So I'm not sure if this is possible.

I have 2 MX servers
I have 2 email server. 1 primary, 1 slave.
Both run on proxmox in HA. Both servers are on different storage arrays. So if the primary storage array fails, the secondary array would run.

What I'd like to know is in proxmox can I have a rule that allows me to deliver the same email to multiple different servers?

External email (joe@externaldomain.com) --> Firewall --> PMG --> (jane@internaldomain.com)- -> Server 1
|--> (jane@internaldomain.com) -->Server 2

I know certain other services allow for you to allow for all incoming emails to be copied to an archive server for delivery. This would be similar but would deliver to the different mail servers so there is always a copy on a backup server that can be flipped over to production if need be.

Reactions: EDSON MARIO
I would consider keeping the backends in sync via some other means (e.g. replicate the MailDir storage - this can be done quite well with ZFS send+recv) - or let the mail-storage reside on a redundant distributed storage array (e.g. Ceph)

if you like to do this on the SMTP level (keep in mind that both copies could get out of sync if one of the servers reject a mail that the other on accepts...) - you could configure your Server 1 to send a copy to server 2

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!