Email Notifications Not Working (PVE 6.4-4)

May 4, 2021
Hello,
I am new to this community, so apologies if this has been solved many times, but nothing seems to be here to what would help me with my weird issue.

I've tried to setup email notifications on my PVE. However I will not receive an email of VM backup even if set to send ALWAYS.

I've followed guides on the internet how to setup postfix and after a while I did get it working.
when running:
I will indeed receive an email.

There has been few hiccups to get that working so I had to create file header_checks in /etc/postfix with this:

/^From:[[:space:]]+(.*)/ REPLACE From: "LSS 001 Proxmox" <alerts@lssolutions.ie>

and include in main.cf

smtp_header_checks = regexp:/etc/postfix/header_checks

after that I am able to send emails.

I did setup these things:

/etc/aliases:
root: ladia@lssolutions.ie

in PVE webgui datacenter > users > root > added email address

when I go trough /var/log/mail.log there are no errors just logs on successful sent messages I did try to manually send.

Any help would be much appriciated.
Thank you

Oh god, please delete this thread. I didn't see the input in Backup Job to specify email address there too. Apologies, please delete this thread. Email notifications are now working.

Reactions: hyu
Unless you really insist on us deleting the thread - I'd much prefer to keep it online:
* You described a problem (which many users run into)
* You found the source and solution - and came back to report this

No need to apologize! - Thanks for sharing!

Reactions: hyu

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!