Eicar test email not delivered and not in virus quarantaine?

Miktash

Mar 6, 2015
I'm new here... And I tried this ( http://www.aleph-tec.com/eicar/index.php ) site to send an eicar virus as a test to my mailbox but the mail is never to be found. In the mail.log I can see it has been relayed to "relay=127.0.0.1[127.0.0.1]:10024" but it's not visible in my virus quarantaine.

Where did it go?

It looks like a bug to me.

The email was sent to pmg-smtp-filter if I'm not mistaken and it did nothing with it. Not even log a record of what happend.
Can I enable debug logging somehow?

* Do you have any rule in your rule-system, which does virus-checking?
* please post the complete (anonymized) log of the mail-delivery process

Thanks

testing manually, sending the eicar test file, works perfectly fine. But when using that website it doesn't work.
You can try the site yourself. Let it send the test emails to your own email address.

tested with a mail-server of mine - the only mail I got from alpha-tec was the initial mail, that they will be sending the eicar files - the first informational mail, but nothing afterwards (no mails actually containing the eicar files).

My guess would be that the mails from them currently do not work as expected?

If you check your logs (syslog) you should see two mails there.
The one containing the virus has been relayed to the quarantaine (but the system doesn't list it in the quarantaine or anything) the other one is delivered just fine.

But the virus mail is relayed to the quarantaine without any trace so there must be something wrong there...

If you check your logs (syslog) you should see two mails there.
The one containing the virus has been relayed to the quarantaine (but the system doesn't list it in the quarantaine or anything) the other one is delivered just fine.
I checked my logs quite carefully (it's not a pmg system) and I only got one mail from aleph-tec.com

please post your complete log of those mails

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!