e1000e if.6 eno1: NETDEV WATCHDOG: CPU: transit queue timed out

LazeX7

Jul 13, 2024
Hello,

I'm running in yet another problem! I have a Windows 11 VM on proxmox, this is pure for downloading.
Everytime i'm downloading and the download goes around 30 mbps I get the following messeages:

IMG_20240817_184133.jpeg

After this I lose RDP connection for a few seconds and Unifi tells me the device is offline.
Also do downloading stops and is coming back.....im really getting annoyed by this and cant seem to fix it.
This only happens when im downloading. The ethernet supports up to 1000mbps and the router and switch up to 10gbps.
The cable is a cat 6a cable, so the problem is just with proxmox...

Hey there!

It seems like that your NIC suffered a hardware unit hang, could you verify that with the output of journalctl -b -g e1000e? It would also be helpful if you can post the name of your NIC, the output of cat /etc/network/interfaces and the syslog when the watchdog complains about your NIC being "down" in journalctl -b.

Cheers,
Daniel

Hey there!

It seems like that your NIC suffered a hardware unit hang, could you verify that with the output of journalctl -b -g e1000e? It would also be helpful if you can post the name of your NIC, the output of cat /etc/network/interfaces and the syslog when the watchdog complains about your NIC being "down" in journalctl -b.

Cheers,
Daniel
Hi,

Thanks for your response the ENO1 is de NIC is always used. I had an Ethernet to USB laying around, so i'll use that in the mean time.
See below:

PS the syslog is from yesterday. If you CTRL+F and search for eno1 you will find the errors.

Attachments

• interfaces.txt
    455 bytes · Views: 1
  • journalctl.txt
    7.9 KB · Views: 1
  • Syslogs.txt
    988.4 KB · Views: 1

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!