e1000 breaks after upgrade

DAXQ

Dec 19, 2013
Morning all, I upgraded my Proxmox server yesterday from 5.4 to 6.3-4 and now my windows servers (W2012R2) that were using the e1000 NIC are now failing to ping the network. Any suggestions to resolving this issue? Any assistance with this matter would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Uninstalled the NIC in Windows, let it reinstall and all seems well with the world again. Either that or it could have just been that for some reason the NIC in windows flipped from Static to DHCP - really kind of odd - for one server I did an uninstall/reinstall - for the other (my ADDC) I just had to set the IP Address back to static and give it the correct address. its working again anyway - please disregard this post.

The same issue happened with VirtIO Nic too. Old network adapter got removed and a new one replaced it. Had to set static ips again.

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!