Dual SFP+ Card only showing 1 Nic

The above fix never worked for my cards. What I ended up with is rather janky. When using
ip link list
I see a normal network interface name as well as "renameX" the number usually varies occasionally across restarts. I just use the "renameX" as the network interface name in my configuration and it works fine.

Using "renameX" didn't work for me: proxmox web interface shows the device as "Unknown" type and when I try to select Edit, the window to edit the interface isn't opened. If I create a new bridge interface, assign the "renameX" interface to it and use it in a VM, I get the same result as with the renamed cxgbX via rules.d: the VM doesn't start.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!