Dual boot, GRUB_DISABLE_OS_PROBER=false not working

carsten2

Renowned Member
Mar 25, 2017
I want to install additional OS on the Proxmox computer, so that I can optionally booting into Windows and Kubuntu instead of Proxmox. I installed Promox and then Ubuntu, but there are no additional grub start entries at boot. Also "promox-boot-tool refresh" gives error message, that os_prober will not be executed, even though I set GRUB_DISABLE_OS_PROBER=false in /etc/default/grub.

When I start os-prober manually, it states, that it added some os to the configuration, but they are not present in the boot menu after restart.

Why is os_prober ignoried and is there another method to get a dual boot configuration?

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!