Sep 13, 2019
DL380p with P420i
2 * Intel Xeon E5-2670 v2
288GB ECC Memory
12 * 4TB WD Red
2 * 120GB boot SSD
P420i is in HBA Mode

Hello,

I have a litte problem all my drives show up in the section "Disks" but not when i try to create zfs pool. Any suggestions?

Has somebody a DL380p with a P420i in use?

best regards
Gerald

More info is needed.
Maybe an output of zfs list as well as some others.
Most likely you already have used all drives in zfs pool so they will not show up.
If this are new drives
You can try and go to command line and create partition table manually and see if they show up after that.

Reactions: Gerry's
How did you get 14 disks with DL380p and P420i? It has max 12 bays (+ sd card).
Anyway, P420i in HBA mode is slow, get H220 HBA or lsi controller.

More info is needed.
Maybe an output of zfs list as well as some others.
Most likely you already have used all drives in zfs pool so they will not show up.
If this are new drives
You can try and go to command line and create partition table manually and see if they show up after that.

Hello,

thank you you gave me the right information the drives were in use under freenas i deleted all partitions and it worked perfect after that.

best regards

Hello,

thank you you gave me the right information the drives were in use under freenas i deleted all partitions and it worked perfect after that.

best regards
You are welcome.
I actually thought they were claimed by proxmox ,
But glad it was helpful.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!