Driver issues with Arc A380

werdna87

Oct 2, 2022
So to preface this, I am new to proxmox as a whole, but recently I got a build setup with the following specs:

Ryzen 5800x
B450 Aorus Elite
Intel Arc A380 GPU (this is the fun bit here)

Trying to install proxmox I get the following error:

"Installation aborted - unable to continue (type exit or CTRL-D to reboot)"

Using ctrl-alt-f2 I can see the error is:

snd_hda_intel couldn't bind with the audio component
snd_hda_intel HSW/BDW HD-audio HDMI/DP requires binding with gfx driver

Any ideas what I would even try here? I am at a loss of where to even start

I'm sure the kernel/drivers on the installer ISO don't support this new GPU. I expect that Debian also has no support yet..
My suggestion would be to install Proxmox using a different GPU and hopefully upgrading to kernel 5.19 will resolve this.

I'm sure the kernel/drivers on the installer ISO don't support this new GPU. I expect that Debian also has no support yet..
My suggestion would be to install Proxmox using a different GPU and hopefully upgrading to kernel 5.19 will resolve this.
So update here for anyone who tries to do this in the future:

I did eventually successfully get proxmox up and running *without* pulling in another GPU. I only had a my main 3080 available and wanted to avoid pulling that out.

I was able to get proxmox running by installing the latest debian, then following the instructions to convert an install. After than, it was booting, and after messing with my interfaces file I was able to get networking up and running and everything seems to be working correctly!

That said, the GPU itself is still not recognized, some research points to it needing the 6.0 kernel... here is to hoping that it not *too* far off in the future

Reactions: leesteken

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!