Drive passtrough

king_pik_

Jul 8, 2024
Hello newbie here,

I would like to pass into Windows VM two hard drives in RAID1 configuration (plugged into motherboard) and extra nvme SSD (not boot SSD).

I tried to install lshw but I got error “Unable to locate package lshw”.

Please give me some advice on how to make it work.

Thanks.

Hello,
please post the output of lsblk
This will show all storage devices.

Btw. you don't need to install lshw it's already installed.

Last edited:
lshw doesn’t seem to be installed.
I am running version: 8.2.2/9355359cd7afbae4 (running kernel: 6.8.4-2-pve), I downloaded it from official website.
Output of lsblk included.

Attachments

• Screenshot (104).png
    Screenshot (104).png
    8.9 KB · Views: 6
  • Screenshot (105).png
    Screenshot (105).png
    22.2 KB · Views: 6
It is suspicious that it is not already installed though...
I agree, however while researching the OP's missing lshw package, I made the fantastic discovery that I neither had the lshw package installed. I am 100% sure I have used it in the past, & upon searching my history I found it in history about 500 commands ago, (hard to tell how long ago that is). Installing it with apt install lshw fixed this.

I did some google searching & discover other Debian bookworm users with similar issue. Something must have changed / gone wrong somewhere.

So I tried to install lshw multiple times before and always got error Unable to locate package lshw. This morning I tried installing it again and it passed. I haven't done any changes and only command related to lshw that I ran was apt policy lshw.
I don't know what to think about this.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!