Domain in whitelist but still get blocked by DNSBL

sannsio

Dec 8, 2015
Hi!

I have a question concerning whitelisting. I put the domain xxx.com in the whitelist (Menu: Configuration > Mail Proxy > Whitelist). But Mails from this domain still get blocked by a DNSBL:

Apr 21 16:15:49 pmg1 postfix/postscreen[2399]: NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from [40.107.6.63]:12207: 550 5.7.1 Service unavailable; client [40.107.6.63] blocked using spamrbl.imp.ch; from=<hans.peter@xxx.com>, to=<support@example.com>, proto=ESMTP, helo=<EUR04-DB3-obe.outbound.protection.outlook.com>

What could be the reason for that?

Thanks a lot,
Sandra

I have a question concerning whitelisting. I put the domain xxx.com in the whitelist (Menu: Configuration > Mail Proxy > Whitelist). But Mails from this domain still get blocked by a DNSBL:
DNSBL's in postscreen check the connecting IP-address not the domain name -> in order to whitelist systems from DNSBLchecks you need to enter their ip-addresses in the mail-proxy whitelist

I hope this helps!

DNSBL's in postscreen check the connecting IP-address not the domain name -> in order to whitelist systems from DNSBLchecks you need to enter their ip-addresses in the mail-proxy whitelist

I hope this helps!
Thank you Stoiko, I understand!

I can also add domain names and e-mail addresses there. What effect will it have?

Best regards,
Sandra

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!