[SOLVED] Does HA cluster work with two group ?

Quốc Hưởng

Mar 2, 2018
This is my situation:
-I have 5 nodes in 1 cluster. ( Node 1, Node 2, Node 3, Node 4, Node 5)

1-Now i want to migrate (Node 1 <-> Node 4, Node 2 <-> Node 3) if 1 node fail. Does it possible ? I know the priority is used but just 1 node or more 2 nodes with same priority, not the permanent one.
2-I have 2 HA groups: Group 1 ( Node 1, Node 2), Group 2 ( Node 3, Node 4, Node 5). Do 5 nodes work with HA together, or just those nodes in single group. If they work, suppose node 1 fail, VMs can migrate to Node 2, Node 3, Node 4, Node 5 ?

Can u guys help me about this problem, i cant find this on google.
Thanks very much :)

so like the post above, if 2 nodes in group 1 down, VMs will migrate to the group 2 ( without "restricted" ticked ), and Stop ( with "restricted" ticked ).
If i set priority of Node 3 in group 2 to highest, then Node 2 in group 1 off, Do VMs in node 2 move to Node 1 or move to Node 3 (different group). what Proxmox do when Node 3's priority = Node 1's Priority ?

Thanks for your answer.

You group nodes together and set a VM to be in one of those groups. If you set priorities right, then whichever node with the highest priority is alive will get the VM.

Reactions: Quốc Hưởng

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!