Docker error while using rancher

Alphvino

Oct 29, 2020
So i was trying to install rancher via docker in a LXC container. The LXC is priviliged with nesting enabled but when i try to run the command needed for spawning rancher:

docker run -d --restart=unless-stopped \
-p 80:80 -p 443:443 \
-v /opt/rancher:/var/lib/rancher \
--privileged \
rancher/rancher:latest

it gives this error: docker: Error response from daemon: OCI runtime create failed: container_linux.go:380: starting container process caused: apply caps: operation not permitted: unknown.
This error is given also when i try to launch the docker hello-world container. Any ideas on how to fix this? I already tried using unpriviliged container with keyctl and nesting but then rancher won't spin up because he wants priviliged options

i tried but i still get the same error
My Docker LXC contains these three lines at the bottom. Is yours the same?

/etc/pve/lxc/114.conf
Code:
lxc.apparmor.profile: unconfined
lxc.cgroup.devices.allow: a
lxc.cap.drop:

P.S. I don't think the Proxmox team support or recommend docker in LXC. It can be problematic and it's usually recommended to run a VM for docker instead (or better yet, run your apps directly as LXC containers :))

My Docker LXC contains these three lines at the bottom. Is yours the same?

/etc/pve/lxc/114.conf
Code:
lxc.apparmor.profile: unconfined
lxc.cgroup.devices.allow: a
lxc.cap.drop:

P.S. I don't think the Proxmox team support or recommend docker in LXC. It can be problematic and it's usually recommended to run a VM for docker instead (or better yet, run your apps directly as LXC containers :))
Yeah It Is the same. By the way i installed portainer and all the issues went away :)

Reactions: lukyjay

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!