Do not deliver any outgoing mail

jumangi

Oct 7, 2018
Hi folks! I'm using the notorious PMG in a closed lab to monitor and get statistics on malware spambot infections. I am able to successfully re-route all outgoing SMTP mail via an iptables rule pointed to the PMG outgoing receiver on port 26. I need to ensure that all email is processed by PMG, but none of the email should actually be delivered to the intended recipients.

In the past I have captured all outgoing mail locally using smtp-sink (part of the postfix package), but would like to get better statistics and ClamAV results on the attachments. It appears that the outgoing mail can be delivered to the smarthost, but is there a way to just silently drop all outgoing email and not forward it anywhere?

I appreciate any suggestions and input.

Use a smarthost as outgoing hop and drop there all incoming mails, e.g. with postfix header checks. You may also try PMG rules to block the mails then, but I'm afraid, you won't then get your statistics as the mail is blocked by rule.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!