[SOLVED] DNSBL wrong detection

hoanv9

Apr 15, 2020
Hi all,
I am newbie with Proxmox mailgw. I used the DNSBL in setting with zen.spamhaus.org, threshold 1.
But i found that lots of messages were rejected, such as bellow but in spamhaus it clean ip

RCPT from [192.174.81.114]:34373: 550 5.7.1 Service unavailable; client [192.174.81.114] blocked using zen.spamhaus.org

But i found that lots of messages were rejected, such as bellow but in spamhaus it clean ip
hmm - that usually means that the IP was listed when it tried to send mail to you - or that your dns-setup has an issue.

try querying for the ips from your PMG using dig/drill (you might need to install the 'dnsutils' or 'ldnsutils' packages) - see
https://www.spamhaus.org/faq/section/DNSBL Usage

I hope this helps!

Glad you found the issue (although usually 8.8.8.8 does not give wrong answers (but some DNSBL are rate-limited and this usually means 8.8.8.8 is over limit - however then it still does not lead to a false positive, but to no blocking/hit at all)

please mark the thread as 'SOLVED' - Thanks!

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!