[SOLVED] DNS is not resolving when new vmbr1 (linux bridge) created

bienfelix

Oct 21, 2015
manila
please help me. im new in proxmox.. anyway i saw some of your posts and resolve the some issues. here it goes and be patient with my english :)

well my objective is to create a bridge to separate some vms and ct on different network segment. i have my existing bridge (vmbr0) who is working fine but that would be the plan to separate it.

anyway i tried to create a new bridge vmbr1 and it was accessible, but the problem is after i have created the bridge dns is not resolving my ct's are not authenticating through ldap, cant ping ip's and etc.. funny thing i can access the web manager to my new bridge ip.

your help will be very much appreciated. thanks!

vmbro0

ip 10.10.1.15
subnet 255.255.255.0
gateway 10.10.1.254

vmbr1
ip 192.168.200.30
ip 255.255.255.0
gateway: error 400 (existing gateway)

has been resolved

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!