[SOLVED] DMAR: [DMA Read NO_PASID] Request device [00:02.0] fault addr 0xc8e8c000 [fault reason 0x06] PTE Read access is not set | Intel 610 Integrated Graphic

recoco

Dec 4, 2021
I'm using jellyfin with intel UHD610 GPU HW(intel QSV) in DSM7.1. Now all works fine through I had encountered a problem like the tile described. My PVE host is HP 800G4 DM with G5400 CPU.

After some googling, I found some people had same problem. In Proxmox forum, there are some threads about it. But almost none was solved.

After struggling some days, I found that it is caused by a BIOS misconfiguration. Indeed, it caused by too few video ram. I'm having the problem when video ram is 64M. Increasing it to 256M, the problem is disappeared. Below is some log information:

Before: // have DMAR error
... [ 2945.708328] dmar_fault[B]: 5302655 callbacks suppressed[/B] [ 2945.708332] DMAR: DRHD: handling fault status reg 3 [ 2945.708338] DMAR: [DMA Read NO_PASID] Request device [00:02.0] fault addr 0xc880a000 [fault reason 0x05] PTE Write access is not set ...

After: // this is fine.
... [ 141.240507] vfio-pci 0000:00:02.0: vfio_ecap_init: hiding ecap 0x1b@0x100 ...

BTW, When using Windows VM, 64M VM also works fine. The problem occurs in Linux family OS VM.

Share my experience, hope to help someone. Now My jellyfin in DSM7 plays 4K HEVC video using a low cpu usage smoothly.

Thank you for your solution, my problem is now gone.
i encountered the same error while trying to passthrough igpu to dsm 7.1 (dva1622 build). DVA task didn't work at all, it just showed ACTIVATING screen. After increasing vram to 256M, proxmox host still shows DMAR error every now and then, but on the bright side DVA task is working fine now.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!