DL360 G7 Network output problem.

Yun0001

Nov 4, 2021
Hello, im new here, and i recently bought a second-hand DL360 G7 and setup Proxmox into it. At the time all things went normal and the ip could go thru firewall and get output to the internet, After about 5hr it suddenly stopped and it couldn't get output to the internet, even cannot ping 8.8.8.8.

Also new into like these rack server's, does it needed to plug all 4 internet cable to work or something else?

here is /etc/network/interfaces

auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

iface enp3s0f0 inet manual

iface enp3s0f1 inet manual

iface enp4s0f0 inet manual

auto vmbr0
iface vmbr0 inet static
address 192.168.1.200/24
gateway 192.168.1.254
bridge-ports enp3s0f0
bridge-stp off
bridge-fd 0
1635991283901.png

Really need someone to help me to solve this problem, tysm.

What is the output of the command ip a? Does it show enp3s0f0 as DOWN?

What is the output of the command ip a? Does it show enp3s0f0 as DOWN?
Look like its on for me.

2: enp3s0f0: <BROADCAST,MULTICAST,UP,LOWER_UP> mtu 1500 qdisc mq master vmbr0 state UP group default qlen 1000

1636019690231.png

Last edited:
Hmm, interesting, anything in the syslog from the kernel regarding the NIC? Alternatively you can check the output of dmesg. Something that might indicate a problem with the physical NIC?

Here is the output of dmesg, i tried to output all of it.
Please take a look into it.

Attachments

• dmesg.txt
    65.7 KB · Views: 3
Hmm, interesting, anything in the syslog from the kernel regarding the NIC? Alternatively you can check the output of dmesg. Something that might indicate a problem with the physical NIC?
Any update for the dmesg? or still checking out

I didn't see anything that would indicate a problem.

Does it always stop working after a few hours? If so, try to check if there is a hardware problem. Change the bridge port of the vmbr0 to one of the other physical interfaces and see if that helps. Maybe the network cable is a bit faulty. Maybe a different port on the switch will help.

Only change one thing so you know which one was the issue :)

I didn't see anything that would indicate a problem.

Does it always stop working after a few hours? If so, try to check if there is a hardware problem. Change the bridge port of the vmbr0 to one of the other physical interfaces and see if that helps. Maybe the network cable is a bit faulty. Maybe a different port on the switch will help.

Only change one thing so you know which one was the issue :)
After all i figure out that i need to set a tcp firewall to let the things go normal again, idk why but before i was using other server (Normal pc), i dont need to setup firewall and it will automatic output. Anyways.. i think its working again.

Last question, beacuse i have a Fortinet firewall plug into it, do i need to set another rule at Proxmox to let some custom port to work? or no just need a tcp output. If could i would like to know what firewall is needed to open in Proxmox. Tysm

After all i figure out that i need to set a tcp firewall to let the things go normal again, idk why but before i was using other server (Normal pc), i dont need to setup firewall and it will automatic output. Anyways.. i think its working again.

Last question, beacuse i have a Fortinet firewall plug into it, do i need to set another rule at Proxmox to let some custom port to work? or no just need a tcp output. If could i would like to know what firewall is needed to open in Proxmox. Tysm
Update :
Nvm i thought its working again, but im wrong..
i tried all 4 port but i still nothing work.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!