[SOLVED] DKIM - selector creation failing

May 11, 2020
Hi,

I installed a fresh PMG on Saturday (Version 6.2-3) and restored the configuration from a 5.x installation. Everything is working fine.

Now I found the DKIM option, and I want to give it a try. When I want to create the selector (for example may2002) it returns with the error message

unable to set DKIM key (may2020 - 2048 bits): command 'openssl genrsa -out /etc/pmg/dkim/may2020.private 2048' failed: exit code 1 (500)

The directory /etc/pmg/dkim isn't existing, so just my question: Is it fine that I manually create the directory?

Best regards
Jan Serve

The directory /etc/pmg/dkim isn't existing, so just my question: Is it fine that I manually create the directory?
could you try reinstalling 'pmg-api' - that should also create the directory:
`apt install --reinstall pmg-api`)

else you can also manually create it

I hope this helps!

Reactions: Jan Serve
Glad that solved the issue - please mark the thread as 'SOLVED' - this helps other users with a similar problem

Thanks!

Reactions: Jan Serve

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!