[SOLVED] DKIM Public Key Invalid

Younex

Jan 30, 2018
Hi,

when i use the public key generated in proxmox and put it to DNS, after a DKIM check it get on all dkim checks response:
public key invalid.

All other tags are correct. I striped """ and spaces.
This is how my record value looks like:

v=DKIM1;h=sha256;k=rsa;p=MIGfMA0GCSqGSIb3DQEBAQUAA4GNADCBiQKBgQDbP6qHlO89zgyrIpFdQ4fCCpgSmReRYLySB46tlX9uaEV2LnhzZ+kxuWsCMlxF9BnLU/UQMdLDaEdJx57Pw

Any ideas?

Thanks!

It's a bit hard without being able to check what's actually in DNS - i.e. consider sharing your domain and selector name.

one thing that might be an issue (just guessing here is that you might need to add a space ' ' between ; and the next tag...)

e.g.
Code:
v=DKIM1; h=sha256; k=rsa; p=MIGfMA0GCSqGSIb3DQEBAQUAA4GNADCBiQKBgQDbP6qHlO89zgyrIpFdQ4fCCpgSmReRYLySB46tlX9uaEV2LnhzZ+kxuWsCMlxF9BnLU/UQMdLDaEdJx57Pw

else - make sure that the public key is matching with the output of:
Code:
openssl rsa -pubout -in /etc/pmg/dkim/YOURSELECTOR.private  |grep -v 'PUBLIC KEY' | tr -d '\n'

I hope this helps!

Hi Stoiko, thanks for feedback.

This is the domain:
------

With Selector: Key001

I added spaces after, without any change.

Last edited:
Hm - Seems indeed the key is not quite right - the rest of the dns-record seem ok though

I'd closely compare the public key output with what you get from DNS
(you can check that from a linux-box with `drill txt -t Key001._domainkey.younex.de` )

It works now Stoiko!
Thank you.

Copieng it form shell did the work.

Seems there is a small issue to copy it from gui.

Reactions: Stoiko Ivanov

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!