[Display] Show Proxmox and KVM IP's

RaZZe

Dec 12, 2013
Hi,
My name is daniel and for my thesis is need your help.

I'm creating a mobile server that goes with our team to presentations. We would put this server into the Lan an Proxmox and his virtual machines get a IP from the DHCP server.
Now my Problem is, without is Display, nobody know this IP.

Now... showing des Proxmox IP is no Problem with LCD4Linux and other tools, but whats with the kvm machines? how i get his given ip from the host machine to give it to the display?

Sorry my english is not soooo good, but i hope you can help me to solve this problem. :)

Thanks
Daniel

you can know (or set) the mac address of the virtual network card. then, from dhcp server you should be able to guess which dynamic ip it has ?

Marco

we have NO access to the DHCP server on the events.
The only way i have is to read FROM the Proxmox host the IP adresses FROM the KVM machines. But How?

The server must be full [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]foolproof.
[/FONT]Putting down, connect power and LAN cable. Start Machine and Type the IP adresses from the Display into anyone Laptops Browser to show the Demo of our Product.

Connect to the web GUI and use the console session to the VM and get the IP?

Sent from my Nexus 5

you could also share a folder between kvm and pve host and make kvm host print its ip to file there
or make kvm share a folder you can access from elsewhere and make kvm host print its ip to file there
?

Marco

you could also share a folder between kvm and pve host and make kvm host print its ip to file there
or make kvm share a folder you can access from elsewhere and make kvm host print its ip to file there
?

Marco

Thats a nice idea, thanks.

another ideas ?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!