Disks and virtual machines

adam23450

Jan 15, 2022
Hi, we're getting started with proxmox and I want to ask you about 2 things.
I have a lot of users who have access to disks of a limited number. How can I expand the disk pools on promox to make one big disk and scale it all the time?
The second question is can 1 virtual machine use the resources of 2 proxmox hosts?
I would like to use the TrueNas system for connecting and scanning disks, on which I will share disks via iSCSI

Last edited:
Not sure what you're asking with regard to the disks but each VM can only use the resources of the host it is running on

Not sure what you're asking with regard to the disks but each VM can only use the resources of the host it is running on
For example, I have several servers with FreeNas installed and proxmox disks are shared with nigo and proxmox sees it as one large virtual disk. Can he do it?

Still not sure what you mean but Proxmox is very flexible with regard to storage and how it is allocated and shared. Possibly you could 'virtualise' your FreeNas servers under Proxmox if that turned out to be the best way to achieve your objectives.

Still not sure what you mean but Proxmox is very flexible with regard to storage and how it is allocated and shared. Possibly you could 'virtualise' your FreeNas servers under Proxmox if that turned out to be the best way to achieve your objectives.
TrueNas will do for me as disk arrays, for example, 6 and each of them will have disks, e.g. 3x 8TB which in total gives 144 TB and now I want to scale it and in proxmox I want to see one large disk, i.e. 144 TB. Can I do this? You may not understand me a bit because I use Google Translate

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!