[SOLVED] Disk Space not Added

Shaggy

Feb 13, 2021
Recently worked on resizing the size of my local, getting rid of the local-lvm as I had no need to use the main drive to run OSes. Honestly do not remember how I did it and wish I did. Starting only now to document so I can remember. After doing what I did though, it is not adding up.
1613305849848.png1613305911899.png
With these two screen shots, shouldn't this be bigger? The bottom screenshot itself is for the local storage.

What am I doing wrong for the extra data not going into this local-lvm?

hi,

did you also extend the metadata partition? what do you get from lvs -a ?

on the screenshot from the UI it looks like your storage is configured as directory and not lvm?

anyway could you also show how your storage is set up?
* df -h
* cat /etc/pve/storage.cfg
* lbslk -f

on the screenshot from the UI it looks like your storage is configured as directory and not lvm?

anyway could you also show how your storage is set up?
* df -h
* cat /etc/pve/storage.cfg
* lbslk -f
Completely my mistake in this post, this is suppose to be a directory. Still fairly new to all the different storage types and typed the original post out after a few hours with a fried brain. Would that make a difference with running these commands?

Was able to correct my issue when I ran the command:
Code:
resize2fs /dev/mapper/pve-root

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!