Disaster recovery

OK, did not seem to matter most. I left the instruction un-executed and went to the end of it.
When installing proxmox-ve it sauys I have the latest version installed, so nothing is done.

did you already tried to reinstall grub?
  • update-grub
  • grub-install /dev/sda (your ssd path here)

Ok, I am still trying to deal with the mount ... /media/RESCUE/boot line.
I have checked and noticed that the USB where Proxmox is located is mounted on /cdrom
Any idea @flames on how I can mount from that address? I tried mount /cdrom /media/RESCUE/boot and it refused

I was unable to proceed.
I would like to do something else now: recover what is in the datadirectory within the LVM group.
I attach an example of what lvdisplay yields when I apply it to a SSD I have extracted from a Proxmox machine.
I have tried many ways to mount the data partition but was unable to.

Any help much appreciated.

Attachments

• LVM.txt
    1.5 KB · Views: 3
Ok, I am still trying to deal with the mount ... /media/RESCUE/boot line.
I have checked and noticed that the USB where Proxmox is located is mounted on /cdrom
Any idea @flames on how I can mount from that address? I tried mount /cdrom /media/RESCUE/boot and it refused
yes, don't just copy&paste the device path. mount ->/dev/sda1 /<- media/RESCUE/boot change that to the actual device path of your ssd with your broken proxmox installation.

run "lsblk" to find out which device path you need (and show me the result too)

mount /dev/sdyX /media/RESCUE/boot <- here you mount the boot partition of your pve ssd into the already mounted filesystem. if you have legacy only, this might be not applicable so just skip this one

and still i would like to see the script, it would help to find out, what exactly happened. send me the script via private message, in case it is a bad script, we don't want to spread it here publicly, since there are people who run scripts without checking them first ;)

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!