Disable noVNC warning after powering off virtual machine

bryanpedini

Dec 20, 2020
Italy
bryanpedini.dev
Hello,
First of all, I'm new to the forums and I'm sorry if this has been posted elsewhere, but I couldn't find it.

I would like, if possible of course, to disable the "TASK ERROR: Failed to run vncproxy." error that occurs in noVNC after powering off a virtual machine from the console, or just to have the noVNC window auto-close after it detects a shutdown (I always run guest agents so I hope shutdowns are somewhat announched to the host machine).
This, because when I see a red error I panic, and for red errors for "normal" things that happen every now and then and are no harmful at all, I consider them more harmful and annoying than the thing that caused the "error" itself (if that makes sense).

Anyway, thank you so much in adnvance,
And have a nice day!

hello together, same problem here (Virtual Environment 6.3-3) New PVE Installation, first machine setup, no vnc possible

hello together, same problem here (Virtual Environment 6.3-3) New PVE Installation, first machine setup, no vnc possible
Sorry, I meant that I would like to be able to either restart the virtual machine in the noVNC console after shutting it down completely (sometimes Proxmox requires a complete shutdown to like expand a disk or add more RAM), or an option to automatically close the noVNC console window if it detects that a shutdown has been issued from inside the VM.

If you have any different problem like noVNC is not available or not working, I suggest you to dig for the same issue in the forums or start up a new thread, since it's a different topic than this one is about :)

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!