Disable nfs version4 in proxmox 8.xx

nfsd "hung" so looks not to network related, would more check to controller/cable/connections related to access your disks. Still not clear what happens here.
When nfsd cannot surf data it could be by reason of cannot read, cannot write or cannot resolve permission access for user/group/acl ...
Do you have any kind of win-ad (sssd/winbind) connection configured which is not answering in time ?

Last edited:
nfsd "hung" so looks not to network related, would more check to controller/cable/connections related to access your disks. Still not clear what happens here.
When nfsd cannot surf data it could be by reason of cannot read, cannot write or cannot resolve permission access for user/group/acl ...
Do you have any kind of win-ad (ssd/winbind) connection configured which is not answering in time ?
No nothing like that and the disk that this sharing the nfs directories is accessible on the server after the crash. I can read/write/execute etc on the same directories that are no longer mounted on the nfs clients.

Of course this I check after the crash. There is no way for me to check the time of the crash if the disk is accessible. Are you thinking that a disk might be becoming inaccessible at some point? If for some reason the hard disk becomes inaccessible during some read/writes could this cause the crash and the nfs server can not longer recover when the disk becomes accessible again?

Maybe an issue with the sata controller?

I have this in the motherboard

Code:
PCH Built-in Storage    Intel® C2550 : 2 SATA3 6.0 Gb/s, 4 SATA2 3.0 Gb/s
Additional SATA Controller    Marvell SE9172: 2 SATA3 6.0 Gb/s, support RAID 0, 1
Marvell SE9230: 4 SATA3 6.0 Gb/s, support RAID 0, 1, 10

Yes, of course.
I see. If indeed nfs server becomes unresponsive and can not recover for this after then this could be it. I will run the nfs server 3 for a few days and see if this help somehow. In the meantime I will check to see any compatibility issues of my motherboard sata controller with linux. I remember in the past that I read something regarding marvel controller and linux but this was a long time ago and the previous proxmox was running fine so I never gave it enough thought.

If all this fails it could very well be a hardware error.

Reactions: waltar

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!