Disable ACPI power button = shutdown host?

luckman212

Jun 22, 2017
Hi,
I'm new to Proxmox and just getting started with a couple of small homelab machines (Intel NUCs)

One thing I noticed right away (quite by accident) was that if someone merely bumps the front panel power button (ACPI) - the Proxmox host will immediately and without any confirmation just initiate a shutdown sequence!

I'd like to disable this or at very least, require holding the button for >4 seconds etc. to prevent accidental shutdowns.

Is this possible? I searched a bit and found nothing - so please forgive me if this is a simple/stupid question

Cool, found this by searching for how to do it, which service needs to be restarted to changes to take effect, if any?

Code:
systemctl daemon-reload
systemctl restart systemd-logind.service

should do the trick (note that this will log you out), or just reboot.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!