Directory size default to 6.7GB

tomhebert

Sep 17, 2020
I have gone through the process of partitioning a harddrive to allocate 300GB for ISO/template storage. Every time I create a directory in that partition, it only allocates 6.7GB.

Is there a way to resize a directory or allocate a specific size on initialization?

Could you share a screenshot?
I don't get your question. Once partitioned and formatted to 300gb this should be the size...

Of course I figure it out after I post in the forum... I went through the process of mkfs.ext4 on the partition I was trying to use to create a disk and mounted it after I created it. Then I created a directory using the newly formatted "disk". The images show the partition labeled OSRepo, sized 300GB. When I attempted to create a directory using the file path, the directory was only 6.77GB no matter if I created it in the gui or via CLI. All good now.

Attachments

• Old issue.PNG
    Old issue.PNG
    42.9 KB · Views: 3

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!