Direct access to disk

GeoHolz

Apr 11, 2018
Hello,

I would like to make my disks directly accessible to the virtual machine OpenMediaVault.

Why ? To be able to access SMART, and have an OMV alert when a disk has a problem

I tried ide/sata/scsi/virtio ( with qm set 100 -virtio1 /dev/disk/by-id/ata-ID )

scsi and sata give me access to SMART but it doesn't match the SMART of the disk I see on proxmox

Also, I don't have the salesman, model and ID

Anyone can help me ?

Why ? To be able to access SMART, and have an OMV alert when a disk has a problem

Any PMX installation have by-default SMART. If you want email alerts, you will need to configure smartd under proxmox so it can send mails when some errors ocured/seen. By default, smartd send mails to root user if I remember! What I try to say is that is the right path to go (smartd on PMX host) and not to use OpenMediaVault ... smartd!

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!