Different smarthosts settings for master and slave.

no, but why would you need that?

Master and Slave are in two locations and in one (slave) I can not use output to port 25 (blocked by provider) and I would have to use a smarthost there.

ok then i guess you'd have to use them as seperate instances and copy the settings from one to another

also if they are in different locations, they probably need other settings that differ anyway, no?

Hi dcsapak,

I for one would want to have different settings fro the mail servers, since for me the gateways are in different locations, however the incoming e-mail, and quarantine should all be the same if possible (all going to the "master").

In my example:
Site A:
Primary Proxmox Mail Gateway
E-mail Server
Services sending e-mail via the mail gateway as outgoing

Site B:
Secondary Proxmox mail gateway
Services sending e-mail via the mail gateway as outgoing

However both site A and B have only 1 public IP and thus I want to deliver the mails from site B via a seconcdary port towards the e-mail server, and not send again to the primary mailserver. And since there is no site-to-site VPN I also can't use the same IP address.

So what I would like to see to have the same settings are:
accepted domains;
Quarantine
Logs

Seperated I would like to see:
Smart host
per domain endpoint

Note, I know some biger comapnies who have the same kinds of prodcuts do this by default.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!